We value your privacy and care about the way in which your personal data is treated. We want you to understand:
• what personal data we collect about you;
• how we obtain your personal data;
• how we use your personal data;
• on what basis we use your personal data;
• how long we keep your personal data;
• who we share your personal data with;
• which countries we transfer your personal data to;
• how we protect your personal data; and
• your rights regarding your personal data.
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch via one of the methods set out in the ‘Contact Us’ section below.
What personal data do we collect about you?
The personal data that we process includes:
• Your basic information – such as name (including name prefix or title), gender, age and date of birth,
• Contact information – such as home address, email address, phone number(s);
• Technical information – such as:
- information about the device you use to interact with us (including the unique device identifier, hardware model, operating system and version, and mobile network information), and
- information from your visits to our websites (including the type of browser and operating system you use, access times, pages viewed, URLs clicked on, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our websites);
How do we obtain your personal data?
We collect your personal data when you order products, including email communications sent to and from SUBSTRAL. Otherwise, we gather information about you when you provide it to us, or interact with us directly; e.g. when you get in touch for customer support or to provide feedback, when you engage with one of our representatives or when you your register on our website.
We receive information about you from other sources, such as retail directories, and publicly available sources. We combine information that we have about you from various sources, including the information that you have provided to us.
How do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
• responding and dealing with your query or request
• for future marketing (if you separately provide your consent to this)
• analysing consumer trends and insights
On what basis do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data on the following basis:
• To comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
• For legitimate business purposes. Using your personal data helps us to operate and improve our business and minimise any disruption to the services that we may offer to you. It also allows us to make our communications with you more relevant and personalised to you, and to make your experience of our products and services efficient and effective.
• Because you have given your consent - At times we may ask for your consent to allow us to use your personal data for one or more of the purposes set out above. See the ‘Your rights’ section for information about the various rights that you have if we process your information on the basis of your consent. This example is relevant only where SUBSTRAL is processing personal data on the basis of consent.
• For the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or proceedings.
• Because it is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest, on the basis of applicable laws.
How long will we keep your personal data?
We will only keep your personal data for the period required to do so to comply with applicable law or regulation.
We keep your personal data for:
If different retention periods apply to different categories of data or processing, the different periods should be set out.
If no specific retention period is known, delete the wording in square brackets and provide the criteria used to determine that period.
It is not sufficient to include a general statement that SUBSTRAL will keep the data for so long as necessary for legitimate business purposes.
With whom do we share your personal data?
We share certain of your personal data with:
• members of the SUBSTRAL group of companies;
See the “Protecting your personal data” section for information on how we keep your personal data safe when sharing it with others.
Transfers of your personal data outside of your home country
Your personal data may be processed by Evergreen Garden Care GmbH its affiliated companies and Evergreen Garden Care GmbH selected third party suppliers anywhere in the world, including in countries where data privacy laws may not be equivalent to, or as protective as, the laws in your home country.
Protecting your personal data
We use a variety of security measures and technologies to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction consistent with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
For example, when we share your personal data with external suppliers, we may put in place a written agreement which commits the suppliers to keep your information confidential, and to put in place appropriate security measures to keep your information safe.
You may be entitled to:
• opt out from processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
• ask Evergreen Garden Care GmbH about the processing of your personal data, including to be provided with a copy of your personal data;
• request the correction and/or deletion of your personal data;
• request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, or object to that processing;
• withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data (where Evergreen Garden Care GmbH is processing your personal data based on your consent);
• request receipt or transmission to another organisation, in a machine-readable form, of the personal data that you have provided to Evergreen Garden Care GmbH and
• complain to your local supervisory authority, or to a court of law, if your privacy rights are violated, or if you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal data.
Where you are given the option to share your personal data with us, you can always opt out.
Objecting to our use of your personal data
If you object to the processing of your personal data, or if you have provided your consent to processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations. Withdrawing consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Your objection (or withdrawal of any previously given consent) could mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes set out above (see ‘how do we use your personal data?’) or that you may not be able to make use of the services and products offered by us.
Please note that even after you have chosen to withdraw your consent Evergreen Garden Care GmbH may be able to continue to process your personal data to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law, in particular in connection with:
If you would like to exercise your rights with regards to your personal data, please let us know by getting in touch via email@example.com :
Ralf Zimmer, firstname.lastname@example.org, is the controller of your personal data.